Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hot Toddy for a sick mommy

I find myself feeling yucky and stuffy this morning so maybe we should find a recipe for a good hot toddy!!! I always find myself passing up recipes because I just don't happen to have cinnamon sticks in my spice cabinet among other things. I managed to find a simply one =) My husband may find himself going to the store a little later lol!!


Ingredients:

  • 1 oz brandywhiskey, or rum
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1/4 lemon
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1 tea bag

Preparation:

  1. Coat the bottom of a mug or an Irish coffee glass with honey.
  2. Add the liquor and the juice of the lemon quarter.
  3. On the side, heat water in a tea kettle and add the tea bag to make hot tea.
  4. Pour the steaming tea into the glass and stir.

Courtesy of: http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/r/httdy_ht.htm

Just for the record, I'd LOVE an Irish coffee glass. I hope everyone has a great day!! I'm going to curl up in my chair and crochet until I fall asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment